Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remote Access And Update.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MaMister

MaMister

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 20 August 2006 - 08:57 AM

I would like to share a timetable with my mates (example excel file) which allows them to update and save the file too (all 5 users). Is this possible?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2006 - 11:08 AM

An easier way would be for all to use the Beta Google Spreadsheet, which would allow any of them to view and update the timetable stored on Google servers instead of opening up your own computer's hard drive.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 MaMister

MaMister
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2006 - 01:28 AM

I understand that PCAnywhere can do remote access but I wouldn't want them to look a the whole pc. Is it possible to set PCAnywhere to allow access only to that folder which contains the excel file?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users