Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows automatic recovery not loading. Constantly reboots.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Morsrael

Morsrael

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 23 September 2016 - 06:16 PM

Hi,

I've come across a particularly frustrating problem. I was playing a game on my computer when it suddenly crashed and a short lived BSOD popped up. Afterwards the computer automatically restarted. However it kept of failing to load and restarting.

It freezes on automatic recovery or just doesn't enter it altogether just showing a flash of blue. If I use the installation media it just freezes and won't load. I can't enter safe mode I can't do anything.

Has anybody encountered this before? Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 24 September 2016 - 06:25 PM

Make sure your computer is not overheating.

Check the health of the hard disk drive and correct surface errors visit the link for more information.

Check System memory for errors with Memtest86+  CD.

Bootable Hard Drive Diagnostics

http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html

Bootable Memory Diagnostics

http://www.carrona.org/memdiag.html

Posted Image

#3 Morsrael

Morsrael
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2016 - 10:40 AM

I can't do these diagnostics because I can't boot the computer :/

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:12 AM

If I use the installation media it just freezes and won't load.

Did you change the boot order in the BIOS so the installation media will load?

If this is a flash drive you will make the first device in the boot order a USB device, the hdd/sdd will be the second device.

if this is disc you will need to make your optical driver the first device in the boot order and the hdd/ssd the second device.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Morsrael

Morsrael
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:53 AM

Tried that, just sort of freezes while the disc drive spins really quickly while the computer just keeps rebooting.

#6 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2016 - 12:23 PM

Your computer is not booting to CD media you have place in your computer optical CD/DVD drive. If your computer was booting to CD but freezes even with booting to CD media then try deferent optical CD/DVD drive or boot your computer with bootable USB flash drive. You may have to disable UEFI firmware if your computer support UEFI firmware as the software on the bootable CD may not support booting from UEFI firmware mode. What happens when you try to boot to Windows Setup CD do you see message like "Press any key to boot from CD" or does computer boot to CD and does it freeze?

Posted Image

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 25 September 2016 - 12:57 PM

When you changed the boot order in the BIOS did you press the F10 key to save your changes?

If you didn't get the message to press any key to boot from CD this is a indication that the boot order hasn't been changed properly.

Where did you get the installation media?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 Morsrael

Morsrael
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2016 - 12:59 PM

>When you changed the boot order in the BIOS did you press the F10 key to save your changes?

I saved and exited.

>Where did you get the installation media?

The installation CD came with my computer.

>What happens when you try to boot to Windows Setup CD do you see message like "Press any key to boot from CD" or does computer boot to CD and does it freeze?

I get the press any key to boot from CD. It will then try to load it, then freeze, then reboot over and over again with the CD drive still spinning like it is loading.

#9 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2016 - 01:29 PM

So your computer freeze when you boot your computer with other bootable CD if so then three thinks you need to try first disconnect all connected hard disk drives and disconnect all externally connected devices and try boot your computer with bootable CD media.  Second if you have more then one RAM attached to your computer test them one at time by connecting single RAM module at time and try booting computer into installed Windows or bootable CD. Last think you should test is try booting your computer with either different CD/DVD optical drive or try booting your computer with bootable USB flash drive.

Edited by FreeBooter, 25 September 2016 - 01:36 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users