Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop Computer Goes To Sleep or Hibernates

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 warcat

warcat

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 23 September 2016 - 01:48 PM

I have a Lenovo 700-25ISH Ideacentre desktop. It has 8 Gb RAM, a 1Tb hybrid hard drive, and an Intel i5-6400 CPU running at 270 GHz. The problem with this computer is that it will go to sleep or hibernate, even though I have set all sleep/hibernate settings to Never in every location I can find. This is very aggravating to my boss, who accesses this computer remotely for work he does sometimes in from his home. When it goes to sleep is very random. Sometimes I get a message that a USB device is trying to pull more power from the USB hub than it should, but I think I tracked down the offending piece of hardware (a magnetic card reader) and have not seen that error return. However, the computer still goes to sleep 

I have noticed there is a battery icon in the tray, and it appears to be discharging. Initially it said there was 32% and the battery is charging, and now is says there is 31% and the battery is charging. The problem is this is a DESKTOP computer and it does not or should not have a battery. If it does have a battery, then I'm sure Lenovo would have mentioned it.

Is there a registry hack or something to tell Windows 10 that this computer does not have a battery? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Update: now the "battery" appears to be "charging" as it is up to 35 percent now.

Edited by warcat, 23 September 2016 - 02:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 warcat

warcat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2017 - 02:20 PM

It completely died, but finally got it fixed. it was under warranty so I took it to a local certified Lenovo service center, but did pull the hard drive to use as an external so we could still access the data.. Thought it was the power supply, which is proprietary, and had to be ordered from Lenovo. After two weeks, found out it wasn't the power supply so it had to be sent off. It was a defective mobo, which Lenovo replaced at their expense -- and two months later. Computer has been working just fine since then.

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,374 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:25 AM

Thanks for updating with the part causing the issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users