Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

An easy way to remove spam generator software

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 reed714

reed714

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 23 September 2016 - 05:07 AM

I noticed my machine was running slowly and upon checking my eMail Trash folder there were hundreds of FAILURE_DAEMON messages, messages that I never originated and generated at a time I was not at the computer.  I thought that if my computer is spuriously generating garbage messages then it must be a TSR (Terminate Stay Resident) program doing it and must be in he list of processes.  With these clues here is how I got rid of the villan:

1) Check the date of the latest failure message in your trash folder.  I have a filter on mine that automatically vectors these failure messages to the trash folder.

2) Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete

3) Click on Task Manager

4) Select Processes

5) Select Properties

6) Note the date accessed.  If the date is the one you noted then you have found the culprit.  Check all the files in the Processes window, there may be more than one.  They are usually executable files with a .EXE extension.

7) Uninstall the culprit software.  You might have to re-boot in Safe Mode to do an uninstall.

8) Remove any FAILURE-DAEMON filters you may have after uninstalling the culprit.  Watch your InBox for any failure messages.

Edited by NickAu, 23 September 2016 - 07:40 AM.
Deleted email address

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users