Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Pages are slow to load or won't load. Have I tried everything?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 laura11111

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 22 September 2016 - 03:55 PM

Hi there,

Sorry if this is in the wrong category.  I'm new here.  I'm also desperate for help.

Where do I start?

For the last 10 months to a year, my internet hasn't worked properly.  Most of the time, most pages are very slow to load or won't load at all (this site can't be reached/error connection timed out).  The rest of the time, only some pages won't load.  Sometimes troubleshooters will come up with no problems and other times, I'll get: one or more network protocols are missing on this computer.  Running speed checks show fast speeds, when they will work.

What I've tried...off the top of my head:
resetting router
restarting computer
cutting power to everything including ISP satellite
using wired connection to router
running comparability troubleshooter for Chrome
uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome
using other internet browsers such as Firefox and Microsoft Edge
updating Windows 10
installing and running Kaspersky anti-virus
downloaded and ran windows 10 malware scan
cleaning temp files, etc.
clearing tons of space on my drive by deleting pictures
bypassing my router
replacing my router
replacing wires between my satellite, router, and computer
harassing my ISP...they came and installed a new dish free of charge
getting new power supply for satellite
changing settings to public DNS server
having a computer guy come...he suggested I replace my router, which I did
using command prompt to do all sorts of things recommended via google and youtube searches such as flush dns
update network drivers
turn off firewalls
network reset
Unfortunately, I'm not computer savvy, but I can follow directions.  Is there anything left to try?  Could it be hardware that needs to be replaced inside of my computer?
I'm frustrated beyond belief.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dhjohns

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 23 September 2016 - 07:44 AM

I do not mean to be rude, but the only thing slower than satellite is dial up. I would ditch the satellite if you can, and go with anything else except for dial up. 

#3 laura11111

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 23 September 2016 - 08:12 AM

Ahhh...I can't.  I'm out in the country and it's the only option:(  It's actually pretty fast when it works (20mbps download)!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users