Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remote Computer Management - Win 10 Anniversary Local users and Groups

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SeeJay123456

SeeJay123456

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 22 September 2016 - 03:41 PM

Remote Computer Management - Local Users and Groups not available after Win 10 Pro Anniversary Update

Have always used Computer Management to remotely access PC's and manage Tasks, Event Viewer, Local users and Groups and services.

After upgrade to Win 10 Pro Anniversary Edition  Event Viewer, Tasks and services still work but Local Users and Groups cannot be managed  and states that The error was  The system cannot find the file specified. 

if I connect to a non anniversary Windows 10 or Windows 7 PC all management items work as before.  How can I get this working on Win 10 Anniversary Ed  x64 Pro   No domain just Workgroup  

Are there reg tweaks available to re-enable this?  I frequently use this to change account membership or to reset local password from my location across the network.

Thanks in advance  :thumbup2:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lesbrab

lesbrab

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:53 AM

Same problem exactly. The Windows forum suggested that I do a fresh install and clean the disk. Not likely!

I am having this problem with all my computers, not just the file server. Access to all of them generates the check mark and red X. This was a very useful tool for me. I am going to have to isolate the computer now and provide a console for access rather than just use it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users