Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

E-tel Q10 Key-tab --Mouse Randomly Clicking

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 alien_fx_fiend

alien_fx_fiend

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 22 September 2016 - 03:24 PM

Is this a hardware or software issue ? More specifically --is it something wrong w/ my trackerpad ? It's a 2-in-one laptop running Windows 10 BTW. (Quad-core, 30 Gigs HDD (doesn't crash ever like my Dell !) This happens (one right click or left click) in an interval of 15-30 minutes & is quite annoying since when the display is turned off, it turns back on ....

Edited by alien_fx_fiend, 22 September 2016 - 03:28 PM.

~The Worlds Deceit Has Raped My Soul, We Melt The Plastic People Down Then We Melt Their Plastic Town~

alien.PNG

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,753 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2016 - 11:51 AM

As a first step...I would uninstall the trackpad drivers, reboot and see if problem remains.  The reboot should result in the drivers reinstalling automatically.

Louis

#3 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,643 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 23 September 2016 - 01:56 PM

Swap out the mouse with a different one to test. Might be a bad connector in the mouse.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#4 alien_fx_fiend

alien_fx_fiend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2016 - 05:40 AM

As a first step...I would uninstall the trackpad drivers, reboot and see if problem remains.  The reboot should result in the drivers reinstalling automatically.

Louis

I think I fixed it (not sure --think it happened again tho)--It was a Windows 10 Setting in Mouse & Touchpad: "Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them" turned it off --hopefully that fixes it --tho it did Right-clicked on its own :{ That & I cleaned the Trackpad from the outside gently. As for the driver --I think I found it b4 but can't find it --there are only System drivers (I think) in Human Interface Devices. Plus I don't want to risk crashing the comp & rendering it unusable. First of all --the driver couldn't have changed --so there's no point reinstalling it. & secondly, like XP, removing the PCI Bus crashes it & makes it inoperable --so I don't want to risk it. For now, I'm gud w/ it --only 2GB RAM but never crashes & Quad-Core so it's fine (unlike my crappy Dell (which I've gotta replace the WiFi adapter in) ! UPDATE: Nah it happened again --can never be overly optimistic.

Edited by alien_fx_fiend, 02 October 2016 - 06:57 AM.

~The Worlds Deceit Has Raped My Soul, We Melt The Plastic People Down Then We Melt Their Plastic Town~

alien.PNG

#5 alien_fx_fiend

alien_fx_fiend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:16 AM

Okay I uninstalled it & it got reinstalled during restart but it still clicks randomly when typing (I couldn't find the Haptic feedback driver so I went to Control Panel ~> Hardware ~> Mouse & uninstalled it from there!) Please help --I tried looking for Trackpad drivers for this E-tel Q10 2-in-one laptop but no luck! Tried tweaking other options like Rightclick speed |duration --Flicks et. al. thru Pen & Touch settings. Hopefully I can disable the driver & use it via a mouse --still gotta try that!

P.S: After uninstalling\reinstalling, the mouse jerked & clicked again ! (Selected some text while typing.) UPDATE: I re-enabled it & turned down Double-click speed --that seemed to do the trick (tho it's still dubious.) Only one prob remains --the touchscreen doesn't click properly. I think disabling the Trackpad & using the USB mouse triggered something --hopefully it's working normally... Thanks. UPDATE: Oh no its happening again!

Edited by alien_fx_fiend, 15 December 2016 - 06:57 AM.

alien.PNG

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,753 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2016 - 02:57 PM

I urge you to read and follow the instructions provided below.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):

post-33068-0-86653600-1480692866_thumb.j

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot.

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the ADD REPLY or REPLY TO THIS TOPIC button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Louis

#7 alien_fx_fiend

alien_fx_fiend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:44 PM

My [2-in-one's] laptop mouse keeps randomly clicking --I'am thinking of using Sophos  Anti-Rootkit to check for any prank progs (PuPs.) Works fine with an external mouse. It's only got Windowz Defender. Thought I could change touchpad sensitivity but there's no option for mouse-click. Only double-click & right-click. :{ I'am guessing it's the wear and tear.

Edited by alien_fx_fiend, 22 December 2016 - 03:49 PM.

alien.PNG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users