Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Force HDMI output even when the cable is disconnected

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shadowzone

shadowzone

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 22 September 2016 - 08:43 AM

Hi All,

I realize that this will be an unusual question, but here goes.

I have a laptop that is used in a community cinema to run a pre-movie powerpoint slideshow. The cinema is run by volunteers and few of them are technically capable, so I need the system to start predictably every time.

The problem with the laptop HDMI output is that it's not predictable, particularly under Windows 10. Sometimes it will start dual screen mirrored, sometimes extended desktop, sometimes using the laptop speakers, sometimes audio over HDMI. I'd like to be able to have the laptop permanently outputing in extended desktop mode with audio over HDMI even if the cable is disconnected.

Thx in advanced,

Gav

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 23 September 2016 - 10:03 AM

I don't have no clue on how to output HDMI display without cable connected but for your other issues you should install latest video card driver and from Control Sound select HDMI audio output or speaker output your choice. Make sure you have selected Extended display press Windows Key + P and select Extend.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users