Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please view logs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TxTrapper

TxTrapper

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 22 September 2016 - 07:17 AM

Toshiba C655D Windows 7 x64 SP1

Used Toshiba Recovery Wizard to resolve some issues;  1) Unable to install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware downloaded from this site.

All went smooth, restored my anti-virus, documents, contacts, etc.  Ran FRST x64 as Administrator this morning and got these logs, are there any problems listed that I need to be concerned with?

thanks,

TxTrapper

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,875 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2016 - 08:33 AM

There are no FRST logs attached.

Since your intent seems to be to initiate a malware topic...I urge you to follow the directions provided at Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html .

Please note that the new topic is to be posted in the forum which contains the Prep Guide, not here.  The Windows 7 forum does not have the expertise/skill to deal with malware issues...the Win 7 forum is for Windows 7 issues.

Louis

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 23 September 2016 - 10:15 AM

If you did a System Recovery which involves using the recovery partition, that would have formatted the hdd/ssd removing everything (including malware or virus) in the process.  There shouldn't be any reason to run FRST or any other security scans.  

Make sure you have a active antivirus and a firewall installed and running.

Edited by dc3, 23 September 2016 - 10:25 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 TxTrapper

TxTrapper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2016 - 11:14 AM

I was unable to install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware downloaded from this site and got error code (AT 92-100).  

I contacted Malwarebytes Support and was advised to run FRST and send them the results.  

After looking at the (10) system errors in attachment (1) above I decided to run "Toshiba Recovery Wizard" to resolve a lot of issues

at once.  I used the default Microsoft back-up and Restore to a thumb drive first.  Then I started Toshiba Recovery Wizard.  I installed Bitdefender Anti-Virus and checked and found Windows Firewall was turned on.  I then re-downloaded Malwarebytes from this site and the installation installed successfully.

I would like to add that with the Toshiba Recovery Wizard and the thumb drive "Restore" my Toshiba is running great again!

Thanks for the reply Arachibutyrophobia I appreciate that.

TxTrapper

South Texas

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 23 September 2016 - 12:15 PM

Something you should be aware of is the list of the types of logs that shouldn't be posted in the Windows forums.  Each Windows forum has a list of these logs listed under Announcement, this is the first item in the "Pinned" section.  The Announcement states "No FRST, DDS, OTL, HijackThis, or ComboFix logs should be posted in this forum".  The only forum where you can post these types of logs is in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum.

Edited by dc3, 23 September 2016 - 12:17 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 TxTrapper

TxTrapper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2016 - 12:34 PM

got it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users