Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Changing the color of an h1 class ????

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pistol22cal

pistol22cal

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 22 September 2016 - 07:07 AM

I am using a website called sharetribe to build a market place and they allow only inserting of code .....cant actual get access to the code

I need to change the color of <h1 class='marketplace-lander-content-title'>

It is currently white and its no good

I can insert css html java

This does not work 

<style>h1.marketplace-lander-content-title   {color: green;}</style>

Can anyone help?

I Love Lamp!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 September 2016 - 02:58 PM

You can either edit the CSS section (or file), or do inline CSS (meaning mixed in with your HTML). It looks like you want to do it inline? If that's the case then add style="color:#009900" after the classname. Substitute "#009900" for the color you want. #009900 is a shade of green.

It's also unclear if you're wanting to change the header text color, or the header color. I've demonstrated both below, with pictures.

26InLWC.png

<h1 class='marketplace-lander-content-title' style="color:#009900">This is an example</h1>

l7u8ZI1.png

<h1 class='marketplace-lander-content-title' style="background:#009900">This is an example</h1>

#3 rippleweb

rippleweb

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2016 - 05:33 PM

Where are you putting the style tag?  It needs to go in the head of the document.  If you don't have access to that, consider hollowface's suggestion.

#4 pistol22cal

pistol22cal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:02 AM

You can either edit the CSS section (or file), or do inline CSS (meaning mixed in with your HTML). It looks like you want to do it inline? If that's the case then add style="color:#009900" after the classname. Substitute "#009900" for the color you want. #009900 is a shade of green.

It's also unclear if you're wanting to change the header text color, or the header color. I've demonstrated both below, with pictures.

26InLWC.png

<h1 class='marketplace-lander-content-title' style="color:#009900">This is an example</h1>

l7u8ZI1.png

<h1 class='marketplace-lander-content-title' style="background:#009900">This is an example</h1>

Ahhhhhh I was not pulling the css properly thank you! The top example is what I was looking for, thank you! 

I Love Lamp!

#5 kaljukass

kaljukass

• Banned
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:40 AM

One very important thing is that your css must to be available later if the default CSS and if you want to be sure, that the new css will work, use this:

<h1 class='marketplace-lander-content-title' style="color:#009900 !Important">This is an example</h1>

But is it really good, if the color is light green? (#009900 is light green).

If You need it, here is my online color picker (online color picker and color code generator)

http://cleveridea.hostfree.pw/colorpicker.html

Edited by kaljukass, 10 October 2016 - 11:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users