Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Current NBN Speed-tests

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jaycan

Jaycan

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 22 September 2016 - 06:41 AM

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5652870984

Current NBN Speed-tests show the system is not working ( 9.20 PM for several days now ) !!  I tested others near-by and got similar results.

ISP says the process of submitting complaints is several days of ping and Tracert records submitted to the government dept, along with other details..

During certain times if the day it will hit 23 or 24Mbps on Downloads, but Uploads are always 3 or 4 on average.. The new Fibre to the Node is a cheap version of what I had !!!!

I would like to hear from other Australians in currently existing areas to see their results...

Thanking you ..

Acer Computer with LG Monitor and Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7.1

Windows 64bit  8.1 - Always fully updated

Firefox / Google Chrome / Internet Explorer Browsers

Usually a home helper here or with friends and nimble fingered ladies who would rather sew or dust, but not clean the bugs out of a computer ...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 22 September 2016 - 07:00 AM

ADSL 2    ..(non NBN)

(http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5652992199)

3.98 Mbps Download

.84 Mbps Upload

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 Jaycan

Jaycan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2016 - 05:21 PM

@ Condobloke,

I heard there was flooding around your area, but that is "crawling" !!

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/56546

This was my overall morning test, (outside Geelong area near Melbourne) but it includes very erratic peaks and lows  .. Just wondering about others connected to NBN, and typical results.

Thanks.

Usually a home helper here or with friends and nimble fingered ladies who would rather sew or dust, but not clean the bugs out of a computer ...

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2016 - 05:36 PM

@ Jaycan....link 'not valid'

Telstra may as well use the flood waters to trasnsport data etc out here....it would be just as fast....and as reliable....

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#5 Jaycan

Jaycan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2016 - 07:59 PM

Thanks

Was not trying to create an "Internet Topic", just asking in general terms if others have similar experiences.. If it was a problem any Moderator can move it to the area they prefer.

Regards.

#6 Jaycan

Jaycan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2016 - 10:02 PM

@ Jaycan....link 'not valid'

Well, I just checked this link and it worked 100%

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5655052126

#7 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2016 - 10:57 PM

yes, that works.

23.89 mbps leaves me green....

GcnI1aH.jpg

#8 georgehenry

georgehenry

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 23 September 2016 - 04:51 AM

download 11.9Mbps

upload       0.98Mbps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users