Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IOS 10

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 isaccasi

isaccasi

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 22 September 2016 - 05:47 AM

Hello Geeks what do you think about IOS 10?. :bounce:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:10 PM

My thoughts?  :smash:

Note: iPhone 5S, Version 10.0.2 (14A456)

Updated today and goodness me, talk about a disaster! If you have not updated, I would advise not to do so when you're in the middle of a business day or otherwise in a critical phone use period.

Start page updated with "widgets"...talk about annoying. There is an edit icon you can click to remove those widgets you do not want on your start screen, and others that are available to add.

Other updates (not all listed) new Home feature, new Wallet feature, updated Apple News application, Extra button has new features, Calendar has changed, Google maps updated, Photos layout has changed, camera layout has changed, messaging has many new features, just to name a few.

Many of these changes will be found after you click on the application.

Are the changes a bad thing? Not sure right now, however if you're not prepared to take some time to become familiar with the update ~ ~ ~ wait!  :guitar:

Self edit: added note

Edited by softeyes, 27 September 2016 - 09:23 PM.

#3 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,024 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:14 PM

I quite like it actually, especially the redesigned control center, spotlight search, photos app, and music app. But there was way too much hype... The thing I really detest is the "Press home to unlock" feature. I'd rather stick to "Slide to unlock".

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#4 x64

x64

• Members
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 29 September 2016 - 01:49 PM

Updated a few devices without issues. As with any IOS major version bump you will need to go through all settings and tweak any new ones to your way of doing things.

The only thing that keeps tripping me up with IOS 10, is the loss of  "swipe to unlock". Instead you have to press the home button. Initially I kept accidentally activating the voice control of the device. On my iPhone that has TouchID, I have set the accessibility option "Rest finger to open", so if the screen is already woken, I don’t actually have to depress the button (that option is under "Settings" / "General" / "Accessibility" / "Home button" if you want it).

Applying updates is important, (including IOS major version number changes - as the earlier IOS versions tend not to get any more security updates once a new majpr version is out).

I'd normally say dive in, however I suspect that there will be another update soon (not sure how soon - it could be days or a week or two) as they need to address an issue where certain encryption keys need to be strengthened. The iPhones/iPads with IOS 10 are secure, but the backups that get taken when you connect your device to a PC are more susceptible to brute force attacks against the encryption level used on the device. So nothing critical (but to major paranoids), but since there is another update coming, you MIGHT want to hold off if you prefer to minimise patching cycles.

x64

Edited by x64, 29 September 2016 - 01:50 PM.

#5 Bull6791

Bull6791

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:58 AM

IOS 10: I like it. I agree with everyone else. I am so used to swiping to unlocking that for now I can not get used to pressing the home button. I would of been happier if they left it as a swip to unlock again.
As far as what I have used and seen of IOS 10 I like it. That was my only complaint thus far.

#6 isaccasi

isaccasi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:27 AM

I have a Iphone 6 plus and i think IOS 10 is a good thing,and i have been inside settings to enable touch id again. :bounce:

#7 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 20 October 2016 - 02:15 PM

I updated after waiting for the initial disasters. I like it. The new iMessage is much better, and the "widgets" are pretty useful. Can't wait to see what app developers do with them.

#8 Webdeveloper

Webdeveloper

• Banned Spammer
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:51 AM

The IOS 10 is much better than its predecessors. Now we have advanced settings and upgraded UI and visual elements in ios 10.  In ios 10, you can use the Siri with the third party applications, to control great number of apps with voice control and when you change the volume level in media or an app, the annoying pop up,  which used to cover up your contents in the previous versions doesn't appear anymore,.

#9 isaccasi

isaccasi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:48 PM

I updated three devices to IOS 10: Ipad Air 2, Ipad mini 2 and iPhone 6 Plus, without issues at all :guitar:

#10 holyblack

holyblack

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:46 PM

Is it possible that our iPhone with iOS system can got hack from another device?  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users