Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Want to learn some networking

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sweedishfish

sweedishfish

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 21 September 2016 - 10:18 PM

Hi guys,

I already know some things about networking but its not advanced. Is there any website (preferably video training) that teaches this subject? I know there is some Cisco training online but its not what I want. I want to be able to setup a network for a commercial places. I want to know how to setup modems, wireless routers,  switches, VPNs and etc etc.

I'm looking forward to your responses.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 22 September 2016 - 03:08 PM

If you're going to be setting up something for a commercial place you REALLY need proper training, such as the Cisco training.  The way a personal network is configured and the way a business network is configured are as different as night and day.

You could try ITPro TV.  I personally haven't used them.  They advertise on the Security Now! podcast.  The Security Now podcast can teach you a lot also.

#3 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 22 September 2016 - 03:31 PM

I worked about 2 years in the small to medium business(SMB) before getting formal training. Everything I learned was based on fixing the problems that would come up that I wouldn't know how to fix. I used a notepad document as a copy/paste dump for any links, tip or procedure that seemed important. On my off time I would dig into the problem deeper, making sure I understood it's core aspects. I found learning this way gave me a deeper passion for the topic in general, which made me retain it more then my formal (and much more expensive) training. 

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 23 September 2016 - 10:11 AM

You can also try https://www.cbtnuggets.com/. Depending on the commercial environment you will run into different equipment at each site. Having a good grasp of fundamental network and routing protocols will help you troubleshoot any network. Each device manufacture has a different way of accomplishing the same task. Cisco VPN's are different then sonicwall but they use the same concepts. 

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#5 sweedishfish

sweedishfish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 23 September 2016 - 09:30 PM

Wow! cbtnuggets is actually charging $85 a month.

Thanks everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users