Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Headphone jack problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BankSavings

BankSavings

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 21 September 2016 - 06:06 PM

I have a problem going on with my headphone jack. And its a pretty odd one if i do say so my self. So i had a pair of headphones that i have been using for the past year with no problems at all, but out of nowhere i start to hear a static sound over sound, and the audio is muffled. I then tested these headphones on my phone and had the same problem. I thought that my headphones were broken so i started to use a different pair, and after about a week of using them i have encountered the same exact problem. The sound is muffled, and i hear a static. Considering i have had the same EXACT problem with more than 1 pair of headphones now, ive started to think that maybe my computers headphone jack is messing them up. Because not only do they not work on my computer anymore, but they do not work on other devices as well. I have absolutely no idea what to do, do i need a new sound card? do i need a new headphone jack? (if that is even a thing). Please help me figure out what to do if you can.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,433 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:10 PM

If the headphones behave the same on another system, it is the headphones at fault, and it's a coincidence that two sets of headphones have shown problems within a short time period. There's nothing about a headphone jack or output that could damage headphones, unless the output is a very unusual one capable of enormous volume that can blow headphones out, but then it would also deafen you, so I'm guessing that's unlikely.
Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users