Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Replaced GPU but still having issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Smeesters

Smeesters

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 21 September 2016 - 02:14 PM

Hi there,

My PC monitor began pixellating while in use and PC froze. Powered down by holding in power button and tried to power it up after allowing it to cool down. PC worked for about 10 minutes and repeated the same symptoms. I assumed it was the video card. I bought an identical card and installed it. When I powered it up, all it did was sound a continuous tone similar to a smoke detector. No fans revolved and nothing appeared on the monitor. I'm assuming that the 375W power supply needs to be replaced. Note that this is a nine year old PC but I need it brought back to life. Please help diagnose what the issue could be.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 azisel

azisel

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 22 September 2016 - 01:43 PM

have you tried uninstalling the videocard driver, restart system and install a new driver from manufacturer website before? but I think its too late to do that.

Does the motherboard still have lights on it when power is plugged in?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users