Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Movie Maker Gone???

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 UKScorpion

UKScorpion

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 21 September 2016 - 11:40 AM

Hi, 

I have windows 7 Home installed on my computer. Recently I have just started some videos that I want to edit however when I search for Windows Movie Maker it is nowhere to be fine!! 

I have downloaded the windows essentials and it states I have the latest version, but again everything else is there just not the movie maker? any advice?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,310 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 21 September 2016 - 11:52 AM

When running Essentials you need to select 'Choose the programs you want to install' and then check Windows Live Photo Gallery and Movie Maker. If you go to control panel and select uninstall Windows Essentials does it allow you to add movie maker? If not run Essentials again and check Movie Maker.

#3 UKScorpion

UKScorpion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:53 PM

Hi, I have gone to the control panel and windows essentials are not even listed. I have also tried re-downloading but it keeps saying I have everything and am up to date. I have just upgraded to windows 10 but still have the same issue. 

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,310 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 21 September 2016 - 02:22 PM

Do you get anything by typing Movie Maker in Search Box of Windows 7? 

You can uninstall Essentials and reinstall using the following. I though it was in the uninstall section of Control Panel but it is not. Select Change and see if Movie Maker is listed. As far as I know Essentials is not supported in Windows 10.

1. Select the Start button 
    . In the search box, enter Programs, and then, in the list of results, selectPrograms and Features.
  2. Select Windows Essentials, and then select Uninstall/Change
     You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
  3. Select Uninstall, and then select Continue.
  4. Select the program(s) that you want to uninstall, and then select Uninstall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users