Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Videos Audio sounds make buzz or dj scratching effect noise

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cornflakes2

cornflakes2

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 PM

Posted 21 September 2016 - 10:58 AM

I've noticed that when I'm watching some videos, the audio of that video will occassionally
sound like it's buzzing or being scratched like a dj does to a record.  It's sounds like it's happening due to
some lagging of the system not being able to handle whatever load it's under.

It seems to happen especially when I am photo editing at the same time as the song file playing in the background.   But it still happens even when just watching videos on facebook and moving my mouse around or typing at the same time.

I think it has something to do with the graphics card.  I'm currently using an old one:
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT.  My audio is RealTek High Defintion Audio, and I also NVIDIA
Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM) showing up in my device manager.

I'm not exactly sure which is it that's causing it.
Does anyone know how to fix this buzzing/scratching sound?

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1,  AMD Phenom II X6 1070T,  mobo A880GU3,  DDR3 8GB

Edited by cornflakes2, 21 September 2016 - 11:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cornflakes2

cornflakes2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 PM

Posted 21 September 2016 - 12:42 PM

Ok I figured it out with some more researching.

It's apparently the GeForce Experience installation.  It has process called nvstreamsvc that seems to be the culprit.

I just disabled the service from starting up and it's not causing that buzzing/scratching lag in audio anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users