Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrading my PC for gaming

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PrinceThunderflare

PrinceThunderflare

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 21 September 2016 - 06:07 AM

I bought a pre-build PC from Office Max for $200 and I decided to give Team Fortress 2 a try.  I can't go back to playing FPS games on consoles now.  Even though I was complete rubbish at Halo, I could tell something was wrong with the controls.  The sensitivity never felt right.  Consoles do all right with some genres, but I'm nowhere near as excited about them as I used to be.  Nintendo is the only console provider I'm still invested in, but even they have managed to disappoint me.  So, I'm in the PC master race now, and I'm looking into upgrading my PC.  It was the lowest end PC in the store.

Processor: AMD E1-6010 APU with Radeon R2 (1.35 Ghz)

RAM: 4 GB

I'd like to upgrade to the point where I can play games such as Fallout 4, Skyrim, and Telltale's Batman but would rather not exceed $200 in my upgrade.  A local store already has some upgrades that would do fine, but I want to make the best purchase I can.

On a side note: is there a way to check the specifications of my power supply?  That didn't seem to be displayed when I checked my specs.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2016 - 06:41 AM

What is the exact make and model of PC you purchased?

Your processor is very low-end and you'll need an add-in graphics card to be able to play anything newer at a reasonable speed.

3939.png

#3 PrinceThunderflare

PrinceThunderflare
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:06 PM

Its a Lenovo.

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2016 - 09:13 AM

A Lenovo is the manufacturer, what is the specific model you are using?

By having specific information, we can look up your PC online and see what is compatible.

3939.png

#5 PrinceThunderflare

PrinceThunderflare
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2016 - 11:59 AM

Checked the label, it says lenovo h30-05

#6 CyberSec_ET

CyberSec_ET

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 23 September 2016 - 07:15 AM

Here is a couple of links of what is compatible with "lenovo h30-05".

Ram and SSD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users