Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

msn e-mail problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 noonytunes

noonytunes

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 08 December 2004 - 01:23 PM

The msn e-mail page freezes on Internet Explorer. I can't close the browser. I have to log off without being able to close it.

And...this is a seperate problem...but started about the same time...

I am getting a pop up that says "Alert:  The document contains no data".  It is only with msn e-mail.  If I click on "OK", I have to click repeatedly...it keeps coming back immediately.  It has a yellow and black exclamation point on it.  I comes on both IE and Firefox.  If I persist, I can check my e-mail...and it will stay away...until I go back to check again.

Oh...but, the thing is...there is no document that contains no data.

I contacted MSN about the pop up alert but they said that it couldn't be from them.
This was their response:
Thank you for contacting MSN Hotmail Technical Support. My name is Girish and I will be assisting you today.

I understand that, you are receiving pop-up, which states ‘the document contains no data’ error message whenever you login to your MSN account.

Nancy, I know how inconvenient it could be and how important for you to have this issue resolved at once.

Please note that Hotmail only displays advertisements (Banners & designated advertising boxes on screen) in your account. Hotmail does not support any pop-ups and you will not

receive any pop-ups from Hotmail.

It is quite possible that some sites were accessed from your computer because of which you are receiving these pop-ups. Please note that when you access websites, your browser

stores a lot of information in the form of cookies. It is also possible that some malicious programs are automatically

loaded on to your computer when the sites are accessed. They result in such pop-up windows.

However as a work around, in order to resolve the issue delete cookies in your web browser.

1. You have to open an Internet Explorer page

2. Just click on “Tools” menu in the upper side of the page. Then a submenu will appear

3. Click on “Internet Options”. Again a small window will appear

4. In that window go to the second row. Click on the button “Delete Cookies” and click OK

Please feel free to contact us for further assistance. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Girish.k
MSN Hotmail Technical Support

I tried what they suggested but it hasn't worked with Firefox. And the IE browser is just freezing...but I think the pop ups stopped. I just got my puter all cleaned up...but that didn't eliminate these problems
noonytunes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noonytunes

noonytunes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 11 December 2004 - 10:48 AM

Perhaps this was a case of TMI (too much information)!

Anyway...in referance to what problem I was having...just in case this post has any relevance to anyone viewing...
I uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled it. Wow! What a difference! It's much faster than it was. I can check my msn e-mail without that alert popping up.

I tried to uninstall Internet Explorer. I have Service Pack 2 on cd. I suppose it will be necessary to uninstall it and reinstall. I hate to do that if it isn't necessary.

On Internet Explorer when I go to msn e-mail the browser freezes. I have to log off without closing the browser.

I had MSN as my IP when I had dial up. I got hooked on a couple games on the game zone that I have trouble living without. I can only access them by way of IE.

I'm glad to have cable internet, but I can't believe how much effort it requires to stay safe.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks. :thumbsup:
noonytunes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users