Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Buying Windows 7 Professional Key

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 udem23

udem23

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:42 AM

There are numbers of websites which are offering windows 7 professional keys. I was searching a to buy a legitimate windows 7 professional, i come with the websites are offering cheap keys yet they claim they are legit. Do i buy a windows professional key from them and download the iso and make it a legitimate from Microsoft. Or microsoft Bans me from not to buying a key from their store.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:16 AM

There are numbers of websites which are offering windows 7 professional keys. I was searching a to buy a legitimate windows 7 professional, i come with the websites are offering cheap keys yet they claim they are legit. Do i buy a windows professional key from them and download the iso and make it a legitimate from Microsoft. Or microsoft Bans me from not to buying a key from their store.

If you buy from one of those sites and get a counterfeit/bad license key, I don't believe Microsoft will ban you from buying from their store.

I believe the worst that will happen is that either Windows will not activate when you install it or it might activate but then latter flag as 'not genuine Windows"...and the end result is that you likely will have to buy Windows again if it is in fact a counterfeit key.

This is why I tend to buy Windows from a trusted source such as Newegg or Amazon (but with the seller being Amazon.com not some other seller on Amazon).

#3 kaljukass

kaljukass

• Banned
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:31 AM

1. Windows 7, released on October 22, 2009; 6+ years ago
  2. Mainstream support ended on January 13, 2015
  3. Extended support ends on January 14, 2020
  4. Would it not be wiser to buy something newer?

#4 udem23

udem23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:17 AM

If you buy from one of those sites and get a counterfeit/bad license key, I don't believe Microsoft will ban you from buying from their store.

I believe the worst that will happen is that either Windows will not activate when you install it or it might activate but then latter flag as 'not genuine Windows"...and the end result is that you likely will have to buy Windows again if it is in fact a counterfeit key.

This is why I tend to buy Windows from a trusted source such as Newegg or Amazon (but with the seller being Amazon.com not some other seller on Amazon).

What is the cost of buying a windows from Newegg or Amazon

Actually I need it for 6 months that's why I am going towards cheap option. Other wise there is windows 10 out there in the market

#5 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:27 AM

Depending on the situation, no. We have Win 10 machines here and compared with 7, they are a big hassle. Notably, the update policies. We perform tests over the weekend and sometimes over several week days. Windows insisting on updating at least once a week can interfere with our tests and make us lose days of work.

If Windows 10 let you do updates whenever you felt like it, it would not be a problem. I have no problem updating, I just want to be able to schedule it accordingly. At the moment, Win 10 creates much more work for me.

#6 udem23

udem23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:35 AM

There are numbers of websites which are offering windows 7 professional keys. I was searching a to buy a legitimate windows  7professional key, i come with the websites are offering cheap keys yet they claim they are legit. Do i buy a windows professional key from them and download the iso and make it a legitimate from Microsoft. Or microsoft Bans me from not to buying a key from their store.

Depending on the situation, no. We have Win 10 machines here and compared with 7, they are a big hassle. Notably, the update policies. We perform tests over the weekend and sometimes over several week days. Windows insisting on updating at least once a week can interfere with our tests and make us lose days of work.

If Windows 10 let you do updates whenever you felt like it, it would not be a problem. I have no problem updating, I just want to be able to schedule it accordingly. At the moment, Win 10 creates much more work for me.

Yes you are right one of my friend who had upgraded to win 10 was telling the same issue with Windows 10

Edited by udem23, 25 September 2016 - 11:36 AM.

#7 kaljukass

kaljukass

• Banned
  • 291 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:55 AM

Actually I need it for 6 months that's why I am going towards cheap option. Other wise there is windows 10 out there in the market

If You need for six months only, then why to buy, if there is so much different methods to activate, some of them are also absolutely legal?

At the same time, a great number dealers do not sell genuine keys. Especially caution should be with these sellers who sell very cheaply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users