Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

widows 8 not booting up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kwins_black

kwins_black

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2016 - 10:06 PM

I was trying to restore my pc to an earlier date and while in the process I accidentally switched off the power. Anyway now the laptop (Sony Vios with Windows 8 OS) cannot boot up.

Every time I switch on the laptop it turns blue wit a "automatic repair" on the screen with two options: 1.shutdown and 2: Advanced option.

None of the advance option is working. Please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stavros3000

stavros3000

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:15 AM

Hi,

Have you tried booting the laptop in safe mode?

Thanks

Steve

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 03 October 2016 - 11:51 AM

@stavros3000

Unlike versions of Windows prior to Windows 8.1 you can not boot into Safe Mode unless you have previously enabled the F8 key for this function by using the bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy standard command in the Command Prompt.  You can enabled Windows 8.1 to boot into Safe Mode in System Configuration by click/tap on the Boot tab and then place a check in the Safe Boot box, then click/tap of Apply, the OK.

If kwins_black hasn't done either of these they will not be able to make these changes since they can't boot into Windows.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users