It's a bit hard to describe & doesn't seem to be triggered by anything in particular. Sometimes it can occur several times a day or only a couple per week. Whether I'm gaming or on YouTube my mouse can start to lag. E.G: I'm moving the mouse around when suddenly the once fluid movement begins to stutter horribly. Sometimes a system restart appears to fix this but in all honestly it seems completely irrelevant since the lag/stutter can completely cease on it's own regardless of what I do or don't try. My Display Drivers are an up-to-date fresh install thanks to DDU. That I'm aware of no program or service is causing this as I've monitored all active ones during that time & nothing unusual starts. My Corsair Katar mouse drivers & CUE are up-to-date as well but I do have a suspicion that it's still somehow my GPU. Mainly because whenever I've performed a clean install, during that time of using the standard VGA graphics no such lag ever occurred.
1: Could this be the fault of my GPU simply being too old & low-end?
2: Could my CPU also be the culprit or even HDD?
3: What are the most common causes of mouse-lag, if that's what this is considered?
- Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
- Antivirus Software: Microsoft Security Essentials & Malwarebytes (scanner only)
- Firewall: Windows Firewall & Router/Modem's
- Computer: CyberpowerPC Desktop PC Gamer Ultra 2082
- CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 260 3.2GHz
- Motherboard: ASUS M4N68T-M-V2
- RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz
- Storage:1TB Hitachi HDS721010CLA SCSI
- Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6450 1GB
- Soundcard: Integrated
- Power Supply: TurboLink ATX-TL 500W-BK 12V
- Case: AZZA Orion 202 EVO Black / Red SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower