Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Corel BluRay WinDVD Program Error Message - WinDvd Information Service is not re

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gramps33

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 19 September 2016 - 02:33 PM

I have Corel’s BlueRay WinDvd program on my 2012 VAIO laptop with 4.GB of memory that uses

Windows 7 Home Premium 62-bit operating system.

On Sunday September 18, 2016 when I tried to open the program I got the following error message.

“WinDvd Information Service is not ready. Please try again later”

Fortunately, a simple 7 step solution to this problem had been posted at the justanswer.computer website at

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/59u9q-windvd-laptop-when-try-open-program.html  five years ago,

that still works like a charm. Since the answer has already been posted there is no need to fill in the pop-up

box that asks you to post your computer problem.

1  Click Windows icon (Start)
2  Type services.msc in the search bar and press Enter
3  In the list of services, locate Protexis Licensing V2 service
4  Double click on it
5  Make sure that the startup type is selected as Automatic
6  If not, select Automatic for startup type then click the highlighted apply and OK boxes
   This will allow you start the service if the Service status is showing as Stopped This must be

done in order to allow you to start the service.

7 If the service status is showing as Stopped, click Start to start the service and then click the

applicable highlighted box or boxes again

Good Luck.  Gramps33 

Edited by hamluis, 19 September 2016 - 02:41 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Tips/Tricks - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 03:36 PM

Just a thought on Corel products from a looongtime user. I have taken Corel's WindDVD off of computers before that were having problems, especially the Sony VAIO line (which is no longer made). Corel is not the original Corel of 30 years ago. Corel products have always been buggy and prone to causing problems from the first time they came out with CorelDraw 3.0 and up. Most pro graphics shops do not use Corel graphics products simply because of that fact.

Corel uses its proprietary Protexis Licensing Service on many of its products. It actively monitors and calls home every time you boot up to verify authenticity. If you either delete it or disable it in Services, the product will not boot. Keep an eye on it, it has been known to cause problems such as you had, and worse.

Starting around 2001 Corel started acquiring various products that were relatively dated or 2nd-rate such as Word Perfect, Ulead, Roxio, Pinnacle Video Editor (with a reputation for buggy and crash-prone products) and others in an attempt to bolster sagging sales. There were numerous internal conflicts, accusations of insider trading on their stock, and finally they left their original home in Canada and move to Teipei where things deteriorated further. They then started to outsource R&D....not a good idea by any means. Then came more layoffs, particularly in engineering and quality assurance (aka customer service).

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 Gramps33

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 04:24 PM

FWIW, here is a Sony 05/29/2013 article about,

Error: WinDVD information service is not yet ready. Please try again.

Article ID: 33486  Last Updated: 05/29/2013   

Go to https://ca.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33486/~/error%3A-windvd-information-service-is-not-yet-ready.-please-try-again.

Gramps33    09/19/2016 4:19pm CDT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users