Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recover photos from iPhone 6s, newest iOS download

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Samuel72991

Samuel72991

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 18 September 2016 - 02:48 PM

Hi all, I have tried a number of methods but uunfortunately haven't had success. I hope somebody can help me here.

I accidently deleted photos from my screenshots folder. I thought it will be saved on my camera roll so I went on to empty out the Recently Deleted folder as well. The screenshots usually stay in camera roll but now, once the photos are deleted in the screenshots folder, the same photos are deleted in the camera roll as well.

is there any way to retrieve the deleted screenshots??

I Am not familiar with iCloud so I don't know if I backed up the photos to iCloud. My phone shows that there still is 5.0 GB storage on iCloud.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 19 September 2016 - 05:58 PM

If the systems is still showing about 5.0 GB of iCloud space left, then your only possible savior on the iCloud side is if you have the My Photo Stream option turned on as I believe it does not use your iCloud storage allotment for that. Using iCloud Photo Library will use your iCloud storage allotment.

Beyond that, you likely are out of luck unless one of the iPhone photo recovery apps that people push on occasion works. Personally, I don't trust any of those apps people with only couple posts will show up and push...but that is just me.

#3 Samuel72991

Samuel72991
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:09 AM

Hi, how do I know if my photo stream option is turned on?? And how do I check if the photos are on iCloud? Thanks.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 18 June 2017 - 03:37 PM.
Removed unnecessary quote. ~ OB

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,326 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2016 - 01:57 PM

To check if My Photo Stream is turned on, on the iPhone, open up the Setting app and scroll down to the iCloud item (first item in the third group of items) and tap on it. Then in the iCloud settings, then look for the Photos item. If it says "Off", then My Photo Stream is not on. If it say "On", then tap the Photos item to see which iCloud Photos settings are turned on (there are three: iCloud Photo Library, My Photo Stream, and iCloud Photo Sharing...it any are turned on, then Photos will show an "On" indication). In this screen, you will then see an item for My Photo Stream with a toggle switch showing whether it is on or not.

If you find that My Photo Stream is on, then there is a chance the last 1000 photos are in iCloud and could be synced to another device. I honestly have no idea if this includes screen shots or not. To check, go to another device (not this iPhone...but another iOS device, Mac or Windows computer) and then turn on My Photo Stream. If there photos to sync from it, it should eventually sync to that other device. You can find out how to turn on My Photo Stream on other devices (instructions for iOS devices is nominally above) on this page as well as where you can find those photos once they sync:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201317

As I said, I honestly don't know if My Photo Stream does screenshots (or photos downloaded from the web)...or just does photos taken with the camera app as I don't use it myself. My parents' have had it setup on their iPhones and have noted that how quickly it syncs photos to their Mac can vary, so you might need to be a little patient.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 18 June 2017 - 03:38 PM.

#5 Samuel72991

Samuel72991
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2016 - 10:23 PM

Ok, I will try and hopefully it works. If anybody knows what to do, please tell me. Thanks.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 18 June 2017 - 03:38 PM.

#6 Samuel72991

Samuel72991
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2016 - 04:55 PM

Hi, I downloaded iCloud for windows and opened the iCloud app. I clicked on the photos box and clicked "apply." I wasn't lead to another window (the apply icon remains dimmed). When I go to the iCloud photos folders, I can't see any photos in the downloads, uploads, or shared folders. Do you know why?? Are the photos still uploading to windows iCloud?

And, when I make screenshots now, the photos don't go to my photo stream.. they go to a folder called screenshots. When I delete the photos in screenshots, the photos in camera roll get deleted too. Is there a way to change this??

Sorry to bother you, the Apple FAQ page is of no help, so as their so-called help forum.....

Edited by Orange Blossom, 18 June 2017 - 03:39 PM.

#7 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,326 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2016 - 07:42 AM

Hi, I downloaded iCloud for windows and opened the iCloud app. I clicked on the photos box and clicked "apply." I wasn't lead to another window (the apply icon remains dimmed). When I go to the iCloud photos folders, I can't see any photos in the downloads, uploads, or shared folders. Do you know why?? Are the photos still uploading to windows iCloud?

Cannot say for sure as 1) I don't use My Photostream myself and 2) I don't use iCloud for Windows myself. I can say that Photostream can take some time to sync photos and that time seems to be inconsistent. As I mentioned, my Parent's have used it and they have noticed that it can take a while for photos to appear on their Macs in Photos. And they have noticed times where they don't seem to appear. So, best I can say is that either might either take some time...or your photos where no uploaded to iCloud before you lost them (i.e. My Photostream was no turned on or it did not work properly, etc).

And, when I make screenshots now, the photos don't go to my photo stream.. they go to a folder called screenshots. When I delete the photos in screenshots, the photos in camera roll get deleted too. Is there a way to change this??

They should also go to the Camera Roll in addition to the Screenshots folder. As I have no direct experience that I can remember (it has been a while since I looked at either of my parent's Photos app on their iPhone), I don't directly recall how My Photostream "behaves" on an iPhone. With it turned on, does it create a Photostream "folder"? (Sorry to ask, but I do not want to turn on My Photostream for my own reasons...it basically amounts to I have some photos that I don't want synced to Apple's servers for my own personal reasons).

Sorry to bother you, the Apple FAQ page is of no help, so as their so-called help forum.....

No problem. I am more than willing to try to help as much as I can, but I might be limited as to how helpful I can be as I don't want to turn on My Photostream at this time.

#8 hoangvchung

hoangvchung

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 27 October 2016 - 11:05 PM

If the systems is still showing about 5.0 GB of iCloud space left

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users