Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RCA plugs to USB not recognized

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LostInTheSupermarket

LostInTheSupermarket

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 18 September 2016 - 02:14 PM

I have an older stand-alone DVD player which I want to give to my daughter, who only has a laptop (no TV). I bought connectors where the White/Red/Yellow (audio/audio/video) DVD player outputs resolve in a USB. It fits fine in my laptop, but the OS (Win 7 64 Pro) won't recognize it. I tried "Discover Devices," but still it couldn't find it. Any ideas what to do next?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ste2ph

Ste2ph

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2016 - 05:49 PM

I have an older stand-alone DVD player which I want to give to my daughter, who only has a laptop (no TV). I bought connectors where the White/Red/Yellow (audio/audio/video) DVD player outputs resolve in a USB. It fits fine in my laptop, but the OS (Win 7 64 Pro) won't recognize it. I tried "Discover Devices," but still it couldn't find it. Any ideas what to do next?

What Operating System are you using on your laptop?

#3 LostInTheSupermarket

LostInTheSupermarket
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2016 - 06:34 PM

I mis-identified it slightly in my original post. It is Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit.

#4 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 20 September 2016 - 12:32 AM

That is just a cable & not a converter & cable. Kind of misleading. There is no converter controller box between the connection. Windows has no idea what to do with a RCA analog composite signal on the end of a usb connector.  If anything a wrong mistake and you will likely blow out your laptop. This is probably what you're looking for...Here Here is a less cheapy model Hauppauge brand Here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users