Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

White Screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ncs22

ncs22

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 18 September 2016 - 01:32 AM

Hi,

I have an HP envy 17 laptop running Windows Home Premium. Usually after booting up my computer, within a few minutes the whole screen randomly turns white, even if I just have the desktop visible on my screen at the time and am doing nothing. Then, if I try to sleep/awake the computer or restart it, the screen will remain white. I'm able to get a normal screen if I shut down the computer for a while before rebooting, but again it will only be for a few minutes before I get the white screen again..any ideas what this is and how to fix it? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 18 September 2016 - 10:24 AM

Sounds like the laptop display has gone bad, or there's a loose connection between the screen and the onboard video card, or the video card itself is going bad.

If you hook up an external monitor to the laptop, does the screen on the external monitor go white as well?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users