Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboard would sometimes detect ram

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mashnoon33

Mashnoon33

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 17 September 2016 - 09:53 PM

I have an acre r3 471t.i was trying to replace ram today and somehow I messed it up. There is one ram bank and I've tried 3 different modules which worked on other pcs.

The bios only shows the 4 gb ram that's soldered to the board and rarely detects the one from the ram bank. The laptop won't boot without a a second ram though.

The only way you can get the second ram working is by turning the pc on with a different ram and then turning it off and replacing that ram with the original. The motherboard doesn't detect once it restarts and gotta repeat to have it detect again

I'm not sure what causes the problem, please help.. Would be much obliged

Edited by Mashnoon33, 17 September 2016 - 10:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CyberSec_ET

CyberSec_ET

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 18 September 2016 - 01:26 AM

Do you mean you have a "aspire r3 471t", instead of a "acre r3 471t".

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,271 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 PM

Posted 18 September 2016 - 06:23 AM

Please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course): p22004369.gif

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot. You will see the following prompt:

p22004371.gif

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

p22004372.gif

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the p22004370.gif button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Louis

#4 Mashnoon33

Mashnoon33
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2016 - 09:32 AM

Do you mean you have a "aspire r3 471t", instead of a "acre r3 471t".

Yes. It is the Acer Aspire R3 471t, details on the spec link posted above

#5 Mashnoon33

Mashnoon33
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2016 - 10:18 AM

Hi! Here is the request specs :) http://speccy.piriform.com/results/Hgo7iZPCNHjWmSAym5cSrNj

Edited by hamluis, 18 September 2016 - 01:48 PM.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,271 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 PM

Posted 18 September 2016 - 01:56 PM

Thanks...looks to me as if something is amiss with either your motherboard or the RAM modules.  Reflected RAM with 1 module is 4GB total, yet the one module reflecting data is only a 2GB module.

I suggest you systematically...run the following tests, as proposed.

Memtest86+ Guide-How To's - Overclockers Forums - http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409152

Louis

#7 Mashnoon33

Mashnoon33
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2016 - 02:10 PM

I ran memtest last night without any errors ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users