Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Connectivity Issues

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ceoff

ceoff

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 17 September 2016 - 04:11 PM

Hey BleepingComputer.

For a couple months now I've been having nonstop Internet Connectivity issues, especially while playing online games. To fix it I generally have to unplug my internet adapter and plug it back in, and it will reconnect to the network until the next problem.

I also find I just generally lag, despite everyone else in my house having 140-160 DL speeds.

The issue surfaced straight after resetting Windows 10, so I'll probably do it again in hopes of it fixing itself. However, it would be really nice if I didn't have to go through all that again.

Things I've tried include:

4 different internet adapters

Reinstalling drivers

Manually installing drivers

Disabling the "allow my computer to turn this device off" options

Netlimiter on the online games I play (mainly League)

And anything else I've been able to directly find online

Any ideas? Anyone else have this issue as well? Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,238 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 17 September 2016 - 04:23 PM

Make sure your power option is set to High Performance. Make sure your Wifi adapter is set to Maximum Performance

Disable your LAN adapter in Device Manager. Do not uninstall. People have reported that disabling the LAN adapter helps because Windows 10 had trouble when both adapters, wifi and ethernet, were enabled.

#3 ceoff

ceoff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2016 - 04:38 PM

Make sure your power option is set to High Performance. Make sure your Wifi adapter is set to Maximum Performance

Disable your LAN adapter in Device Manager. Do not uninstall. People have reported that disabling the LAN adapter helps because Windows 10 had trouble when both adapters, wifi and ethernet, were enabled.

Alright, I've tried that. I'll see how it goes.

#4 ceoff

ceoff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2016 - 05:19 PM

Alright, I've tried that. I'll see how it goes.

So far I've played a league game without any lag. Hopefully it continues that way.

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,238 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2016 - 06:01 PM

Fingers Crossed. If you get a chance post another update in a few days if things are still going okay.

#6 ceoff

ceoff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2016 - 06:11 PM

Fingers Crossed. If you get a chance post another update in a few days if things are still going okay.

Nevermind, same issue is back :/

It seems lag generally happens when I'm on voice comms and gaming. Mind you I live in a house with 6 other active internet users and none of them have issues.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again for your help so far.

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,238 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2016 - 06:30 PM

The only thing I can think of is to do a clean boot then start enabling services and startup items until you get the lag. If you have avast with it's own firewall there have been reports of latency issues with it.

#8 ceoff

ceoff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2016 - 07:02 PM

The only thing I can think of is to do a clean boot then start enabling services and startup items until you get the lag. If you have avast with it's own firewall there have been reports of latency issues with it.

It's been happening since pretty well the moment I got onto my clean copy of Windows. Maybe I'll just have to reformat.

#9 ceoff

ceoff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2016 - 02:04 PM

Fml. I reset Windows, but the problem is still present. In my house I have two networks, one of which works and one of which doesn't. I'm the only one with this issue. Any other ideas?

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,238 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2016 - 02:30 PM

Are you saying you have lag on one network but not on the other? Have you tried changing channels on the router that gives the problem?  I would recommend posting in the Networking Forum. Somebody there may have an idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users