Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chicagoan in Brazil

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 brazilusabusiness

brazilusabusiness

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 17 September 2016 - 11:22 AM

For the first time I came to Brazil from Chicago approximately 14 years ago. I have been living here for the past decade or so. I have worked with investment consulting in real estate alternative energy, mining ( metals & stones ), foreign relations, market entry and exit, marketing, etc....

I very much enjoy Arts, Culture & Entertainment especially from USA.

I love nature, animals, fishing and the beautiful sunshine & beaches of the North East of Brazil.

I played a lot of sports in the states but have been paralyzed by a tumor on my medula about 4+ years ago. Happily it was removed 2 years ago or so and I have been able to walk just a short 6 months later.

Since then I have heavily been into movies, games, research, internet & technology, studying, etc....

I would really like to make some friends and learn around here. All tips advice and suggestions are very welcome !

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,005 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 17 September 2016 - 06:11 PM

Welcome to BC !

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#3 brazilusabusiness

brazilusabusiness
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2016 - 10:43 PM

Thank you i hope to learn a lot....

I would really like to make some friends and learn around here. All tips advice and suggestions are very welcome !

Enjoy your week everyone.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,750 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 04 November 2016 - 06:32 PM

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

As a new member be sure to read the Welcome to Bleeping Computer! Guide and the following...Best regards,
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 brazilusabusiness

brazilusabusiness
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:12 PM

Thank you, thank you very much to all.

#6 brazilusabusiness

brazilusabusiness
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:20 PM

Hellall,

Thank you all for your wonderful attention & efforts.

I still have quite a lot of programs on this computer that I cannot remove via panel control> programs & resources. Any suggestions? Also, this 7-8 year old computer has quite a bit on its double HDs....just would like to improve performance and prolong the lifespan of this machine.

Also, I was trying to install Tor in order to surf privately, read, write and publish with an additional layer of anonymousity and principally use it as a proxy relay in orer to watch US TV. Is there anybody knowledgeable and with interest & time that would like to discuss this with me? All tips, advice & info is highly appreciated.

Kindest Regards

MGJR

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,750 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:35 AM

Those types of questions should be asked by starting a new topic in the applicable Windows Operating Systems forum for your system.

To get you started, you may want to try some of the suggestions in this guide:Also instead of Add/Remove programs in Control Panel...you can use a third-party utility like Revo Uninstaller Free or Portable and follow these instructions for using it. Revo provides a listing of all installed software by installation date and when removing a program, Revo does a more comprehensive job of searching for and removing related registry entries, files and folders.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users