The fix worked s expected but now you need to run sfc /scannow to actually let Windows fix the files and check if there are any other errors.
Download MiniToolBox and save the file to the Desktop.
Close the browser and run the tool, check the following options:
- List last 10 Event Viewer Errors
- List Installed Programs
- List Devices (select Only Problems)
- List Minidump Files
- List Restore Points
Click on Go.
Post the resulting log in your next reply.
I would like to know more about your computer please do this:
- download Speccy Portable save the file to some place
- extract the Zip file spsetupxxx.zip to an empty folder
- run Speccy/Speccy64 according to the Operating System you have
To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:
- In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.
- In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.
- Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box
Please post the resulting URL.
• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!
Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE