Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Chrome colors of Incognito tabs look wrong

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 964 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 17 September 2016 - 04:14 AM

This must be from today's Google Chrome Update.  The tab colors for Incognito mode are wrong.  They are the reverse of what they were before the update was done/occurred.  The tab region is now dark and difficult to look at, and the labeling is white and hard to read.  The normal way was for tab region to be light colored or very light gray, and the labeling to be black.  Can I make the colorations go back to what they were before?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zheka160

zheka160

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 19 September 2016 - 11:07 AM

To revert the grey/gray dark tabs back to normal white color, type chrome://flags in the address bar, then search for Material Design in the browser's top chrome and select Non-material from the drop-down, click relaunch, and enjoy your white tabs again.

#3 cafejose

cafejose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 964 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2016 - 10:12 PM

FINALLY a response.  Thanks zheka160.  I have not tried yet what you said, but still glad to have the process what to do.  I tried an internet search and found absolutely nothing.  I neither knew what flag to look for.

Okay, done.  Now the tab region is very much easier to view comfortably.

Edited by cafejose, 19 September 2016 - 10:18 PM.

#4 abdulquan

abdulquan

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:28 AM

I have tried. it really amazing and work perfectly i have revert back to white color of tabs in incognito mode. 

#5 cafejose

cafejose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 964 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:37 AM

I let Google Chrome on Windows 10 make its update this morning, and the tab and address bar colors are wrong again when viewing incognito mode.  I will need to follow the instructions again for that "material design" stuff.  I'm glad that I could at least do a search on google and find this article in which I asked my original question.  Hopefully the instructions may work again for this time....

That choice is not present this time.  The flags page has NO ITEM for "Material Design in The Browser's Top Chrome".   How can I make the colors change back the way I want them?  

Edited by cafejose, 12 December 2016 - 03:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users