Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus will not allow Malwarebytes to open and or run.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Superrobot

Superrobot

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 16 September 2016 - 08:38 PM

Hi,

Superrobot here. Here's the issue; the facts are these: I am using a Windows 7 OS on a 7 year old laptop. One day while reading webcomics and watching youtube, I noticed the computer running suspiciously slow; like more slow then it should, I attempted to reset, thinking perhaps I just used too much memory, but even after I turned the computer back on it was chugging. Knowing the drill, having heard horror stories of the like from friends and family, I quickly shut down the internet connection and attempted to run Malwarebytes. It refused to open! It would start and then the program would linger as if about to open and have a windows error. 

After that; I tried just about nearly every tool on this website, I am pretty smart, but nothing I tried worked. I would use another laptop I own to browse your forums, download tools to a USB drive, try them on infected laptop, over and over and over. 

It's been two weeks now, and I am at my wit's end. I have zero idea what I am even up against. Just that it will not allow me to install new anti-virus software, and that OTHER (non malwarebytes) programs that deal with just spyware/malware don't seem to notice anything wrong, making believe it is something specially that Malwarebytes looks for that others don't, which is why that is the one that will not open at all. 

So to be clear; It will not allow Malwarebytes to run. It will not allow new anti-virus programs to install. And spy and malware programs seem to find nothing. And yes; I have indeed attempted to install and or run anti viruses and malwarebytes in safe mode, and it's the same deal. In fact safe mode is ALSO running slowly. 

To further add to this; yes I have tried Malwarebytes chameleon, but it doesn't work either. 

I did find a lovefreegames.com thing in my program files that I cannot get rid of, but I seriously doubt it is the entire issue, but rather just a symptom. 

I greatly look forward to your advice , and I hope I described the problem well enough in detail to get help. 

:smash: Superrobot

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 17 September 2016 - 03:48 PM.
Topic locked due to new topic in Virus, trojan, etc section

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,679 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 16 September 2016 - 09:13 PM

Edit: Sorry I missed the part you tried chameleon. There is an option you can try. Kaspersky Rescue Disk. Connect the computer via Ethernet so the definitions can be updated. You can burn the downloaded iso to a CD or use Rufus to create a bootable USB flash drive.

http://support.kaspersky.com/us/viruses/rescuedisk

How to use Kaspersky Rescue Disk

The other option is to post in the Virus Removal Forum where a malware removal expert can look at the logs you post after reading the pinned topics.

Edit Edit: My recommendation is to post in the Virus Removal Forum.

Edited by JohnC_21, 16 September 2016 - 09:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users