Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I cannot remove exploit virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 streetglider2010

streetglider2010

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 16 September 2016 - 02:18 PM

I cannot remove a virus exploit.SWF.bd.virus or something similar.  I cannot run .exe files to run maleware.  I tried running Rkill but it won't save to my desktop. I am not very good with computers but Malware worked for me once  few years ago when I had a virus.  I was using Avast antivirus and a Comodo firewall but that didn't stop it.  TA scan by both shows no virus detected.  I tried contacting Malware for help and they sent me an email but I cannot save the  Rkill which is the first step.  I would rather pay a company like Malware to help me than the jerks who infected my brand new computer.  I can use Google again but I know this virus is still on my computer and it won't allow me to uninstall anything either.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 polskamachina

polskamachina

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 19 September 2016 - 12:01 AM

Hi streetglider2010 :)

My name is polskamachina and I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal Forum. I will be helping you with your malware issues.

What follows below are some ground rules for this forum.

I will reply as soon as possible (typically within 24-48 hours). In turn, I ask that you please respond within 72 hours. If you know you will be away longer than that, please let me know. I am in California at GMT-7 hours (Pacific Standard Time). If I do not respond to you within 48 hours, feel free to send me a private message.

Some points for you to keep in mind:

• Do NOT run any tools unless instructed to do so.
  • We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine. Running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, cause unforeseen damage, or system instability.
  • Do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
  • I cannot see your computer. Periodically update me on the condition of your computer, and provide as much detail as you can in every post.
  • Once things seem to be working again, please do not abandon the thread. I will give an "all-clean" message at the very end.
  • NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planned. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a flash drive, anywhere except on the computer.
  • NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.

Please give me some time to review your situation and I will get back to you with further instructions.

polskamachina

#3 polskamachina

polskamachina

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,995 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:46 AM

I will need some basic information about your system before we get started.

Do you know which Windows operating system you have on your computer?
You stated that:

I tried contacting Malware for help and they sent me an email but I cannot save the  Rkill which is the first step.

Was the name of the company you contacted Malwarebytes? If not, what was the name and how long ago did you contact them?

If you have Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 10, please do the following:

I've included two sets of directions. If you are unable to download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool files to your infected computer, try the second set of directions.

Steps to download FRST to your infected computer:
Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system, download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them (FRST or FRST64) will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Click Farbar Recovery Scan Tool
  • One at a time, download both the FRST and FRST64 files to your Desktop
  • Right-click on FRST64.exe and select, Run as administrator. If the program runs, skip to step 6. If the program does not run, right-click FRST64.exe, select "Rename," then change the name to 12364.com Double-click the renamed file, 12364.com and see if will run now. If it does, skip to step 5.
  • Right-click on FRST.exe and select, Run as administrator. If the program still doesn't run, right-click the file and select "Rename." Change the name from FRST.exe to 1234.com Double-click the newly created file, 1234.com and see if it the program runs. If this doesn't work either, please let me know as I have other options that should work.
  • When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Make sure the box for Addition.txt is checked.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • When finished, it will produce two logs, FRST.txt  and Addition.txt in the same directory from which the tool was run.
  • Please copy and paste those log into your next reply to me.

Follow this next set of instructions only if you were unable to download the FRST files to your infected computer.

Steps to download FRST to an alternate, working computer:

• Insert a flash drive into your working computer
  • Open your web browser
  • Click Farbar Recovery Scan Tool
  • One at a time, download both the FRST and FRST64 files to your flash drive.
  • Close your browser and then remove your flash drive
  • Insert the flash drive into your infected computer
  • Power on your infected computer
  • Once your computer has booted to your desktop, click on your Computer icon to open it
  • Find your flash drive in the list of devices and double-click it.
  • Right-click on FRST64.exe and select, Run as administrator. If the program runs, skip to step 11. If the program does not run, right-click FRST64.exe, select "Rename," then change the name to 12364.com Double-click the renamed file, 12364.com and see if will run now. If it does, skip to step 12.
  • Right-click on FRST.exe and select, Run as administrator. If the program still doesn't run, right-click the file and select "Rename." Change the name from FRST.exe to 1234.com Double-click the newly created file, 1234.com and see if it the program runs. If this doesn't work either, please let me know as I have other options that should work.
  • When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Make sure the box for Addition.txt is checked
  • Press the Scan button.
  • When finished, it will produce two logs, FRST.txt  and Addition.txt on your screen. The files will also be saved to your flash drive
  • Please copy and paste those logs into your next reply to me.

In summary I will need the following from you:

• Whether or not if you are actively seeking help from another website or company and what the name of the website or company is
  • The version of your operating system (if you were unable to run the FRST or FRST64 programs)
  • FRST.txt log
  • Addition.txt log
  • If you can't get FRST to run at all, let me know as I have other options that should work.

Let me know if you have any questions.

polskamachina

#4 polskamachina

polskamachina

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,995 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2016 - 11:55 AM

It's been a while since you've checked in. Did you need any more help with this? If not, this topic will be closed in 48 hours.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

polskamachina

#5 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:23 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.
Proud member - Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators
Posted Image

I do not accept personal donations for assistance provided. I would ask that you instead consider donating the greatest gift - Organ Donation. Your organs are of no use to you when your gone. You will save a life that would otherwise be lost!

http://donatelife.net/register-now/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users