Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC wont connect to internet via ethernet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 themeercat

themeercat

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:50 PM

Hey, I am running windows 10 on my home computer. I usually have my ethernet cable hooked up to my network extender however it unexpectedly cutout during use. I have attempted swapping out the cables and using a network adapter. It appears in network settings as having no internet and I cannot ping any websites. Any and all help will be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 16 September 2016 - 01:40 PM

Did this occur after installing the anniversary update?  There are some who have had this problem after the update.

If it did, open the device manager and select Network Adapters.  Both the wifi and Ethernet adapters should be there.

Double click or tap on the Ethernet adapter, then click/tap on the Driver tab.

Click/tap on Update Driver and see if there is a newer driver available.  If there isn't, uninstall the driver and then restart the computer.  Windows will install a new driver.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 themeercat

themeercat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 19 September 2016 - 03:36 PM

Thanks, this worked. However it also worked when I did a system restore to backup. Thanks for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users