Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Advice Please

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Anp56

Anp56

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 16 September 2016 - 11:55 AM

Hello all.

Just recently a friend of mine was messaging me on Facebook. She disappeared. When we eventually regained contact she told me that her screen went blue and her pc restarted. She had an error code which was: Error Page Fault - In Non Page - Area. In laymans terms can anyone explain this and advise what to do as it's about the third time it's happened.

Thanks in advance

Les

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:53 PM

I'm not sure I can paraphrase this in terms that would make any sense to you. 

Is the whole error message the following?  Error page_fault_in_nonpage_area

This is usually related to memory, RAM or Graphics RAM.

In the bsod there will be a ***STOP: error.  In this case I suspect it would be ***STOP: 0x00000050 for this error.  Could you please confirm this for us?

bsod_zpsdk4jukpj.png

Edit:  The first part of the error code 0x00000050 is all I'm looking for at this time.

Edited by dc3, 16 September 2016 - 12:55 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Anp56

Anp56
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:58 PM

Thank you for your response. You will have to bear with me on this one as the lady in question lives in Canada. I shall get back to you and thank you again

Les

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2016 - 01:13 PM

Have her download and run Blue Screen View.  This will provide her with a image of the bsod which she can either use the Snipping tool to capture the image as a picture, or make a screenshot of it.  You can use the instructions below to post the image as an attachment.

You can post the screenshot or a picture in your next post as an attachment.  

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options

Post2_zpsf05c0430.png

When you click on More Relpy Options  you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you want to post, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

attachment_zps9v6amtri.png

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2016 - 01:29 PM

It occurred to me that I should suggest that she download the DownLoad BlueScreen View with full install/uninstall support.  Clicking on the link at the website will immediately start the download.  After it is installed it will run and produce an image of the bsod.

Edited by dc3, 16 September 2016 - 01:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users