Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello- Have picked up some good tips here

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BrianVS

BrianVS

• Validating
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 16 September 2016 - 06:56 AM

Hello all, I have picked up some good tips here regarding software for XP and Win7 computers.

I've been working with computers for forty years now, mostly for embedded systems these days. Most of my computers dual-boot XP and Win98/DOS 7.1. I'm picking up some good tips on installing FAT-32 on SATA drives, partitions and formatting above 64GBytes, stuff that spans 20 years.

I notice a pattern in the Intro Section... Already done that!

Edited by BrianVS, 16 September 2016 - 10:18 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BrianVS

BrianVS
  • Topic Starter

• Validating
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 16 September 2016 - 07:00 AM

I also want to add- as a Moderator on a camera forum, and a former "Volunteer Administrator" of another, I've advised the site owner to discontinue usage of the term "Staff Member" for unpaid moderators and administrators. "I feel your pain", and will stay away from any company that resorts to such tactics to prevent freedom of speech when it is "inconvenient" for them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users