Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Doesn't Work with DisplayPort (ONLY WITH DVI)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mikejpar

mikejpar

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 15 September 2016 - 07:36 PM

Basically my question is how do I change my default boot display to DisplayPort instead of DVI?

DETAILS

Looked all over and couldn't find a solution. My computer only allows me to boot up in DVI and nothing else. My motherboard and monitor support HDMI and DisplayPort but I've only ever gotten them to work as my secondary displays. In the past I ignored it because I had multiple monitors and could just use one with DVI and it would boot on that one and when it popped up with windows it would change my main display to the other one which was using DisplayPort. Now I only have one monitor and both DVI and DisplayPort are plugged in but only DVI will work. It is the same monitor that worked as a secondary monitor with the same DisplayPort.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users