Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 10 start up help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kiznar

kiznar

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 AM

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:01 PM

when i boot up to windows 10 after i type my password there is about a 4-7min delay where its very laggy unresponsive after everything loads everything is perfect my questions are where should i be looking my startup has:

Norton paid

steam

rain meter

nvidia capture proxy

logitech gaming frame work

discord

razer synapse

thats it. the system is on a fresh install of windows 10 here are the computer specs

I7 4790k - antech water cooled not overclocked

Msi Z87-G41 motherboard

kingston ddr3 16gigs

geforce 960GTX asus

hdd1-ssd 150gig sandisk

hdd2-3T western digital

after the 4-7 min on load up it runs perfect gaming or doing anything all the temps are running perfect as far as i can tell.

any advice on where to look please let me know and thank you for your time in advance.

Edited by kiznar, 15 September 2016 - 06:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kaljukass

kaljukass

• Banned
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:28 PM

If you claim to have a fresh installation, can only guess what makes the problem.  to run Norton at start up, it makes up to three times slower, and if a Western Digital hdd2-3T is also primary drive, rather than logical, then I guess these things must be reviewed. Nothing more is hard to guess. Try to look, how long something takes to start. There are several programs, that can show booting time.

#3 kiznar

kiznar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:54 PM

i dident think of that ill check that out and post a update my slower mac book pro boots windows 10 better honestly with norton i did notice ram slots ram is in 2 and 4 instead of one and three for duel channel im going to research if this can cause issues.

Edited by kiznar, 15 September 2016 - 06:55 PM.

#4 Viper_Security

Viper_Security

• Members
  • 826 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:56 PM

Hello, have you tried changing your page file size? that will really help load times,

here's a quick tut for you to follow:

https://fossbytes.com/how-to-fix-slow-performance-issue-in-windows-10-and-increase-overall-system-speed/

and as kaljukass had mentioed norton will REALLY slow your machine down.

Edited by Viper_Security, 15 September 2016 - 06:57 PM.

IT Auditor & Security Professional

hQBT2G3.png

#5 phossler

phossler

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 15 September 2016 - 07:23 PM

I turned off Norton's Performance Monitoring and it really helped

Settings, Admin Settings, and turn off Performance Monitoring

#6 kiznar

kiznar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2016 - 03:36 AM

i think i found my issue here are my hdds i purchsed this computer used and made a horrible mistake i was told the smaller drive was a ssd its not:P its a laptop hard drive.

Western Digital WD1600BEVT 160 GB 5400RPM SATA 8 MB 2.5-Inch Notebook Hard Drive (master drive)

WD Blue 3TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 5400 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD30EZRZ( 2nd drive storage)

i dont think putting the 3tb hdd as my main drive would help anything  so i guess ill be buying a decent ssd any recommendations? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users