Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cd Drive Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mooniniteman

mooniniteman

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 19 August 2006 - 04:29 PM

I recently put in a new DVD drive. Now My CD drive is not detected by my system. Do I need to switch something? Im stuck here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Nick_R_23

Nick_R_23

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 19 August 2006 - 06:25 PM

Check the jumper settings on both of your drives. If both are set to 'master' or both are set to 'slave', it can cause one drive not to appear. Set one to 'master' and one to 'slave', or set both of them to cable select. The jumper is usually located at the rear of the drive where the cable plugs in. It will say 'MS, SL, CS' or just master, slave, and cable select. HTH

-Nick

#3 mooniniteman

mooniniteman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 19 August 2006 - 06:43 PM

Thanks Ill try that and report back later

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users