Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bluetooth Problems - Big Blue Live Speaker

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LittleGreenDots

LittleGreenDots

• Members
  • 444 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:21 PM

I just got a Big Blue Live Speaker and I can't get it pairing with my computer (Windows 7.)  I have folders for Bluetooth on my computer but something seems to be missing.  I had a technician install 7 on this computer and he may have not installed Bluetooth drivers and whatever else my computer needs to run the hardware.  This computer came with Windows 10 installed and I didn't care for it and bought a copy of Windows 7, which I had him install.  He said he had a bit of trouble locating all the drivers. 

I got the speaker in search mode and my computer ran the 'installing drivers' mode but they didn't connect.  I got a msg saying that the drivers were not found.  From Control Panel > Devices and Printers, I individually updated the drivers in these folders through device manager and it states the drivers are updated.  (I only updated one driver.  My computer said the others were the most current.)

However, when I access the drivers list through Control Panel > Devices and Printers > Properties, I have one of those yellow exclamation marks and when I try updating the driver from there, searching on the internet, it spins and spins and never connects and freezes.  I have to close the box with Task Manager.  On the same page that lists my devices, my computer also has a yellow (!) and when I search the hardware, I can't find anything with a similar yellow (!) indicating an issue.

I found a bluetooth adaptor assistant (or something like that) and ran it and it reported:

Your bluetooth adapter is already installed and configured.
Microsoft stack reports the folowing details:
Hardware address : (94:65:9C:1A:AC:E2)
Name : MYNAME-PC
Subversion : 4096
Manufactured by : Intel Corporate
Chip by : Intel Corp.
There is nothing more can be done. Click "Exit" to leave the wizard.

Something isn't connecting.  Anybody have any ideas?  

Also, how can I find out why I have a yellow (!) on my laptop in the devices and printer folder?

Thanks for any help!

Edited by LittleGreenDots, 15 September 2016 - 01:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LittleGreenDots

LittleGreenDots
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 444 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2016 - 08:53 AM

I tried downloading the software for bluetooth from broadcomDOTcom and it can't locate my device.  When I go into Devices and Printers (Control Panel), the device is listed but with an exclamation mark.  When I go into properties, I get this error msg:

The driver for the bluetooth peripheral device is not installed. Install the latest driver for that device.

When I go into the properties of the device, it says that no driver files are required or have been loaded for this device.

What do I need to do to get this device working?

PS - I found a program  called Driver Easy that claims to solve my problem.  It cost $30 I can't afford.

Maybe it won't fix the problem.  Going back to Devices and Printers, my laptop icon also has an exclamation mark/yellow icon.  When I go through the hardware, I don't see any problems listed (exclamation marks) so how do I find out why this is marked with an exclamation mark?  Possibly whatever is causing this exclamation mark is preventing me from installing the software for my bluetooth devices?

Edited by LittleGreenDots, 17 September 2016 - 09:12 AM.

#3 LittleGreenDots

LittleGreenDots
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 444 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2016 - 01:52 PM

No help? 

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,255 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2016 - 02:06 PM

What is the make and model of the computer and also the model number of the speaker?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users