Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 unable to detect wireless networks

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 timreed1

timreed1

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:03 PM

I am running a windows 7 laptop with a USB powered WiFi antenna. I purchased a replacement because I thought the one that was previously installed was faulty. I ordered a TP-Link adapter and tried it on another computer after I could not get it to work on the laptop and the adapter is definitely functional. I installed the provided driver with the WiFi adapter and attempted to detect ANY networks at all using the windows suite and could not. After the computer was still unable to detect networks I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled with the TP-Link suite to see if that would fix the problem but still could not detect any networks. So far I have disabled and enabled both the TP-Link and Ethernet under device manager to try to resolve the issue. I have run (netsh int ip reset reset.txt / netsh winsock reset / netsh firewall reset). I'm kind of at a loss here as to why I cannot detect any networks and not sure where to go from here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 timreed1

timreed1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:21 PM

Ah.... Zone Alarm Firewall was preventing the wireless network adapter from enabling. Not my computer but I'm glad I could figure it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users