Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Local Firefox accounts

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 oliversmirk

oliversmirk

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 15 September 2016 - 11:38 AM

The call center I work for has it's employees do all of their work using cloud based platforms. The only application they use is a browser. We currently use Firefox. As it is now, each employee sets up bookmarks and browser settings to fit their specific job requirement, but they frequently move seats.

I'd like to have local accounts for Firefox (or any other browser that may support this) which store the browser profile, and can be synced with login credentials.

I could set all of the workstations up on a domain and use folder redirection or roaming profiles to achieve this, but that idea has been turned down by management for various reasons.

Is there any way to achieve this, or something similar?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:10 PM

Roaming profiles would probably be the easiest, but I'm not a fan.  Do the users have a personal network drive, i.e. Home Drive?  If so, you may be able to move the profile there.

Another option, might be Chrome and let Google store their info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users