Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"The UPS Service is currently stopped" the ups service is not configured correct

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish

• Members
  • 421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 15 September 2016 - 10:19 AM

I am having an issue with a offline (not connected to internet) Windows XP desktop. In power options, it is set to turn off monitor after 45 minutes, my screensaver is set to display after 10 minutes. Except that the monitor turns off after 10 minutes hence I never see my screensaver. I was told elsewhere that maybe the monitor itself is set to turn off after 10 minutes, and told me to check the menus of the monitor. There is nothing in the menus regarding monitor sleep. I tried a new monitor and the same thing happens after 10 minutes. the first monitor was a Samsung SyncMaster 1024x768 monitor and the second monitor I tried was a Dell 1280x1024 monitor. for the second monitor, Power Options still says to turn off monitor after 45 minutes. I see a yellow triangle is Power Options that says,

"The UPS Service is currently stopped"
I found an old 2007 topic right here on Bleeping Computer that told me to go to run and type services.msc and to start the Uninterruptible Power Supply. I tried that, and I even tried setting the Uninterruptible Power Supply startup type to 'Automatic' but every time I try to do so, I get the following error:

Error 2481: the ups service is not configured correctly
In the Power Options, it says "Manufacturer: None" and the model is blank.

I think that the service being stopped and unable to start is why both monitors turn off after 10 minutes when set to 45 minutes.

Can anybody please help me fix this? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users