Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows reinstall?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Noodie

Noodie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:06 AM

My PC origionally came with windows 7 and i upgraded to windows 10. I had some issues recently and now am wanting to backup and juat reinstall windows. Would i need to buy a new copy of windows 10?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,849 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:12 AM

As the computer has a activated version of Windows 10 you do not have to purchase a new license. Download Windows 10 using the media creation tool.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Backup your personal data including any browser bookmarks as those will be gone as well as any installed programs you have. You need to make sure you have all your serial keys for any purchased software.

I believe you can do a complete reset from within Windows 10.

http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/reset-windows-10-pc

#3 kaljukass

kaljukass

• Banned
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:20 AM

My PC origionally came with windows 7 and i upgraded to windows 10. I had some issues recently and now am wanting to backup and juat reinstall windows. Would i need to buy a new copy of windows 10?

Do not forget that, before it is necessary to register the computer with/on Microsoft account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users