Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GeForce Experience Issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alex2017

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:01 AM

So this issue started about a week or so ago, or at least i started noticing it then. Whenever I open Geforce experience, after about a minute it says "Something went wrong, try restarting GeForce Experience." I also noticed around the same time that when I was playing League my laptop would occasionally go to a black screen for a few seconds and reset, as if the graphics were changing or something. The fps was usually at about 160 and now i'm at around 60, my laptop is also running hotter(usually it doesn't even get hot playing LoL and now it does). I got it checked for malware and I showed up all clean. This laptop is also only about a month old, so I am pretty frustrated right now. It  almost seems like my laptop decided to stop using my graphics card or something (GeForce 940MX). Any help or insight would be appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hosni

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 09:39 PM

Restor your laptop to a ancien point ;)

#3 bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 12 October 2016 - 06:19 PM

If System Restore doesn't help (or even a factory reset): Take it back for warranty.

The symptoms describe do not bode well at all: Right off the top of my head it sounds like a burnt on-board graphics card.

Hope I am wrong.

#4 Xoctane

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:25 AM

Update your drivers from geforce.com

To see whether the game uses the proper video card, look for the icon that looks like this: 

Double-click it and see if the game is there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users