Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issues with connecting to my router / the internet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Banksman

Banksman

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:29 AM

Hi,

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, I looked here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601102/windows-10-wifi-connects-but-no-internet-access-no-internet-secured/page-3?hl=%2Binternet+%2Bconnection+%2Bissue#entry4072030 but couldn't find a lot of the options it suggested trying so I've had to start this post.

I have had loads of problems with my internal Network adapter. Having sought help on here I've had to eventually concede it's probably a hardware failure and as such I thought I'd spend £5 on a USB adapter instead. All has been working fine for weeks and now suddenly I am getting an issue where it stays connected to the router but says on the WIFI list (when I click bottom right of the screen) "connected, no internet connection". Now the router is connected fine to the internet and usually disconnecting and re-connecting my adapter to my router several times fixes it but it's very annoying. It will then be fine for a few minutes and will disconnect again with the "no internet connection" warning.

I have Win 10 and I've not changed anything with either hardware or software to make this happen. My adapter is a Realtek RTL8191SU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 adapter and my router is a Huawei HG633 on TalkTalk (if that makes a difference) and I'm UK based.

Can anyone tell me what the optimum settings would be for both the adapter and the router? I have an intermediate knowledge of computers and this kind of technical stuff is a bit beyond me as I'm not sure what a lot of the stuff behind the "properties" button means when it comes to networking and internet.

Thanks,

John

Edited by hamluis, 16 September 2016 - 10:30 AM.
Moved from Web Browsing/Email to Networking - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 19 September 2016 - 10:06 AM

Try Running This Tool when your connection gives you problems, Check mark all the boxes and post your results in your next reply.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 19 September 2016 - 11:24 AM

" problems with my internal Network adapter"

Did you go into the bios and disable it?  You should so as to free up resources and prevent it from conflicting with the new hardware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users