Safe Mode uses a limited number of drivers and applications. So there is a possibility that there is a third party application causing this.
Please perform a Clean Boot to determine if this is the case.
In Step 9 you are instructed to restart your computer. If the problem no longer persists after restarting you need to follow the instructions to use the process of elimination to determine which program/application is causing this.
How to perform a Clean Boot
Warning: Disabling items in Services or Startup may leave your anitivius disabled until the process is ended. For this reason I would suggest that you perform this process off line.
1. Click on the Start orb
, then type msconfig.exe
in the Search programs and files
2. When msconfig is seen in the pane above the search box and under Programs, right click on it, then click on Run as administrator.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, you should enter the password or provide confirmation.
3. Click on the General tab.
4. Click the Selective startup option.
5. Remove the check mark in the Load startup items check box.
6.Click on the Services tab.
7. Place a check mark in the Hide all Microsoft services check box, this will remove the Microsoft Services from the list but will still be running.
8. Click Disable all, this will remove all of the check marks in the Services list.
9. Click on Hide all Microsoft services. Click on Apply then OK
Click on Restart in the window that opens.
When the computer is restarted it will boot normally.
Let me know if the problem persists after restarting the computer.
If the problem does not continue after the restart please do the following.
10. Devide the number of these services by two and you place checks in the first half of these, then restart
11. If the problem doesn't return in those services remove the checks and place checks in the remaining
12. When you find which half the service is in go on to the next step.
13. In the half that the problem came back in you should remove the checks from the first half or the
14. Restart the computer. If it isn't in the first half of these services, do the same with the last half of the
15. Once you have narrowed it down to the last three or four services remove the checks one at a time till
you find the service at fault.
Once you have found the service post it in your topic. Do not take any action until I suggest the next step.