Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error with Exchange Server backup - Backup Exec

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MasterNe0

MasterNe0

• Members
  • 143 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 14 September 2016 - 03:30 PM

For the past few days, we been getting this error before the backup job finished:
Backup- \\EXCHSERVER\Microsoft Information Store\Public FolderV-79-57344-4617 - The backup-to-disk folder or the path for staging temporary data on the Backup Exec server must be on an NTFS volume. Do any of the following, and then submit the job again:
- Create a new backup-to-disk folder on an NTFS volume - Change the location of the current backup-to-disk folder to an NTFS volume - Change the path for staging temporary data. Click Tools, click Options, and then click Backup to change the path.

I looked at the Backup Exec Settings to see where the temp folder is located and it pointed to E:\Temp which is correct, it should go to the E:\Temp folder on the backup server/main server where backup exec is installed but for some reason, it isn't and giving us the error and the drives are NTFS drives.

I looked online and read I can add the OnHostTemp registry but not sure if it will create the temp files directly on the Exchange Server or on the main server where the tape drive/backup server is since I seem to be adding the path to the Exchange Server and not the server where backup exec is running so not sure how this registry fix works.

Anyone seen this error before and know how to fix it? It only happening with our exchange server, our main server isn't giving us the error.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dmorrison

Dmorrison

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 22 September 2016 - 08:25 AM

Hi, did you find a solution to this issue?  We started experiencing the same issue this morning. 

The OnHostTemp stages the backup on the exchange server, which isn't going to work for me. 

I see the below discussion from 4 years ago on the same issue.  The solution then was also to use the OnHostTemp, but there must be a reason for this?  It's been working fine for the last few months now after upgrading to Exchange 2016...

https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/27578683/Backup-Exec-Error-V-79-57344-4617.html

Edited by Dmorrison, 22 September 2016 - 09:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users