Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't decide what to upgrade first

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bandifighter

Bandifighter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 14 September 2016 - 11:38 AM

Hello all,

I'm on a quite limited budget (for now) but I'd like to play \\mostly singleplayer, so (I guess) usually less CPU intensive\\ games

I'm not sure whether it would be more beneficial to replace my FX-6300 (that I OC'd to 4.4 Ghz) with an i5 4690k

or 

my 2GB GTX 770 for a GTX 1070 (as far as I know this would be a huge bottleneck but I still wonder if it would be better to replace the graphics card  than replace the processor)

Which one of these two options would you guys chose if you had to?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Bandifighter, 14 September 2016 - 11:45 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 14 September 2016 - 11:44 AM

Upgrade to RX470/RX480.

#3 Bandifighter

Bandifighter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 14 September 2016 - 12:07 PM

Got my reasons as of why I'm sticking to NVIDIA but I don't want to go the typical AMD vs NVIDIA offtopic way, I'd just like to know which of those options should I chose. 

#4 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 14 September 2016 - 12:11 PM

GPU then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users