Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't edit email that was sent to Drafts folder in Windows 10 Mail app

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 trashywoman

trashywoman

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:59 AM

I am really having a hard time with new mail app we had to start using. This is what I did.

I was sending an email to someone who is not in my contacts  People list. So I typed up the whole email, attached the photos to it and then handtyped in the email address and hit SEND. Well it came back to me there was a problem with it and it was saved in my DRAFTS folder. After looking at it I saw I forgot the " t " on the end of the " .net ". Now I can't open it to edit the email address, went to Peoples app and this person is not in there, (this is a new contact so I have never sent them an email), I moved the email to the INBOX but the FORWARD button is grayed out. I even went in added this as a new contact but still can't forward or edit the draft's email address!!!

It was a long email with photos so I don't want to copy and paste plus search thru my computer again for the photos I had attached.

Does anyone know how I can edit the email address in the Draft stage?

As I said i am on Windows 10, anniversary edition using the Mail app that MS said we had to use.

Thanks

Regina

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,286 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2016 - 12:20 PM

I would just forward the rejected email...to the correct address, with a limited word explanation.  The reject should be in your Sent folder so you should not have to redo the content.

Louis

#3 trashywoman

trashywoman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2016 - 05:07 PM

The email I sent is not in sent folder since Mail did not send it-Windows 10 mail app must see that the email address was not correct.

The email is in the Drafts folder and the Forward is NOT available.

So I moved it to the Sent folder, Forward is NOT available.

I previously was using Windows Live Mail but as of September (?) MS said I had to switch to Mail app.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 15 September 2016 - 07:50 AM

I'm not sure if the Mail App is similar to Outlook.com but see if this thread helps. There are a few posts that may have the fix.

#5 chalup

chalup

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2016 - 09:01 AM

Can't you just move it into your inbox and do whatever you want with it from there?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users